We spend two thirds of our revenues in procuring goods and services from suppliers. Together, we can offer the best service to our customers at every stage of a project's delivery.
We manage some of the largest and most complex projects in the world and our supply chain is an invaluable resource to our customers. Successful relationship management with our supply chain is fundamental to the delivery of all our projects.
Being a great customer
At Balfour Beatty, it is our objective to become the customer of choice to the best suppliers. We are achieving this by increasingly concentrating our business with the best performing suppliers and supporting continuous improvement in areas important to Balfour Beatty and our stakeholders.
Our philosophy for working with suppliers is:
- Safety and sustainability are of paramount importance
- By sharing information in a constructive and open manner, we aim to motivate suppliers to improve performance
- We will recognise and reward high performance
- We think innovation, learning and teamwork should be positively encouraged
- There should be continuous measurable improvement in the service provided
- The partnership should seek to create an environment of trust, integrity and open communication
- Both parties should always strive to exceed customer expectation.
Being a great supplier
A great supply chain can be a source of competitive advantage. We want to raise the bar and help our suppliers to consistently deliver excellence.
Being a great supplier means:
- Providing a safe and competent workforce
- Incorporating safety and sustainability into solutions and methods of working
- Delivering to agreed specification, time and cost
- Reducing cost and eliminate waste through continuous improvement
- Always display the right behaviours
- Collaborate to deliver innovative solutions.
Listening to our suppliers
We recently invited our suppliers to complete a short independent survey so we could hear their views about the industry and how they work with Balfour Beatty.
Click here to read our findings.