Balfour Beatty set to help shape the future of Street Works UK with Board appointment
22 March 2018
Balfour Beatty’s Street Works General Manager, Tom Lambert, has been appointed as Associate Director of Street Works UK, the trade body representing utilities providers and their contractor partners on street works issues.
With almost three decades of experience in the street works industry, Tom is well placed to promote best practice across the sector through effective collaboration and innovation. In his new role as Associate Director, Tom will serve as a strong voice for Associate Members on the Board, while also continuing his career with Balfour Beatty.
The appointments of Tom and Paula Steer, who has been appointed by Street Works UK as Director of the Board, come at an important time for street works policy, with the government investing in nationally vital infrastructure projects such as the superfast broadband rollout and the electric vehicle charging network. The new directors will bolster Street Works UK’s leadership team as it continues to engage with officials and politicians to be a voice for the industry.
Commenting on his appointment, Tom said: “I welcome the opportunity to represent the Associate Members of Street Works UK at a time when the industry is constantly evolving as a result of major infrastructure investment and technological innovations.
“Through close collaboration with utility providers and the highways sector, we can work to achieve a strategy which shapes the future of the street works industry whilst also improving quality and decreasing risk.”
Bob Gallienne, Street Works UK CEO, said: “I am pleased to see the Board of Street Works UK go from strength to strength with these two new members. Tom and Paula bring experience and expertise at an important time for Street Works UK as we look to be a constructive voice for the industry in the face of increased volumes of works delivering vital national infrastructure projects and changing government policy.”
To find out more about Street Works UK and Tom’s appointment, click here.
Media enquiries to:
t: +44 (0) 207 963 2150
For all non-media related enquiries please contact +44 (0)20 7216 6800 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to editors:
About Balfour Beatty
- Balfour Beatty (www.balfourbeatty.com) is a leading international infrastructure group. With 28,000 employees, we provide innovative and efficient infrastructure that underpins our daily lives, supports communities and enables economic growth. We finance, develop, build and maintain complex infrastructure such as transportation, power and utility systems, social and commercial buildings.
- Our main geographies are the UK & Ireland, US and Far East. Over the last 100 years we have created iconic buildings and infrastructure all over the world including the London Olympics’ Aquatic Centre, Hong Kong’s first Zero Carbon building, the National Museum of the Marine Corps in the US and the Channel Tunnel Rail Link.
About Street Works UK
- Street Works UK is the UK’s only trade association representing utilities and their contractors on street works issues.
- Street Works UK helps lead policy development across the street works industry, utilising the strength in our membership base to drive technological innovation and excellence in the delivery of street works. Street Works UK actively promotes best practice and self-regulation in the industry; creating a two-way relationship with Government, local communities and relevant stakeholders.
- Members are a mix of utilities, contractor partners and suppliers of related products and services. Members represent a mix of water, electricity, gas, and telecoms providers. Members include: BT Openreach, Virgin Media, Cadent Gas, Thames Water, United Utilities, Water (UK), UK Power Networks, Morrisons, Kier, Amey and Balfour Beatty.
- Further information is available via: streetworks.org.uk